Yes, it’s that time of year again! How exciting! Do you know what that means? It means that it’s time for fresh new skin care beginnings… and what better way to do so than by taking care of your skin, the largest organ of your body!
Here are our top 10 skin care tips that you can do to sustain and support healthy, glowing skin as you progress into the new year of 2022 – with the best skin on the planet!
1. Wear SPF everyday – That’s right every day! Cloudy, windy or sunny, be sure to always apply sun protection. We love the dermaviduals Suncream SPF 15 because it is light weight and has a direct affinity to the skin’s structure and function, allowing your makeup to sit beautifully on top. It’s so important to protect your skin and face from the sun’s UV rays. Suncream used consistently overtime will significantly reduce early signs of ageing, pigmentation and environmentally damaged skin.
2. Antioxidants, antioxidants and more antioxidants! – We know how important it is to eat a healthy diet filled with antioxidants, but did you know we need to be applying them topically on a daily basis in order to reduce oxidative stress? Yes! Oxidative stress, as the name suggests, is a process in which harmful oxygen molecules react with proteins, lipids and other structures within our skin, causing premature ageing, pigmentation and other skin barrier conditions and disorders. Our top favourite topical antioxidants within the dermaviduals range include: Vitamin C Liposome Concentrate, Kigelia Liposome Concentrate, Green Tea Extract, Vitamin A Nanoparticles and Complexion Skin Care Liposomes Plus.
3. Apply products tailored to your skin type – Everyone’s skin is different and can vary from oily, diffused redness or lipid-dry. It’s important to use products that are tailored to your skin that have been selected by your Practising Corneotherapist (aka skin consultant), in order to get the most out of your skincare routine. Mixing cosmetic chemistry and/or applying the wrong skincare product formulations may cause your skin to become hypersensitive and reactive.
4. Use eye cream – The first signs of ageing commonly start around the eyes. Nourish and replenish the under eye area by strengthening the delicate connective tissue with a consistent under eye cream. We love the dermaviduals Eye Cream and Eye Gel Plus to get the job done!
5. Gentle exfoliation once per week – The dermaviduals DMS Peeling Cream is a beautiful treatment to perform once a week, after cleansing and before applying a treatment mask at home. The DMS Peeling Cream is based on DMS technology (skin mimicking substances) and contains jojoba beads that gently polish away redundant skin cells without damaging the barrier function. NOTE: Your Practicing Corneotherapist will guide you with when to exfoliate, as every skin is different.
6. Moisturise daily – Never skip the moisturiser as it reduces your chances of skin problems. Using the right kind of moisturiser for your skin can help maintain balance. Your skin will look and feel fabulous when you moisturise daily. Remember to moisturise directly after having a bath or shower, shaving or performing an exfoliation treatment to repair, replenish and regenerate the skin.
7. Eat a healthy, balanced diet high in antioxidants – As the saying goes, “you are what you eat,” holds true when it comes to your skin and how its functioning on a daily basis. Important vitamins and nutrients that your body and skin need are found in various nuts, grains and vegetables. Get one step closer to glowing skin by changing your diet. Sweet potatoes, nuts, brown rice, avocado, yogurt, garlic, and artichoke are all examples of foods that will help improve your skin from within.
8. Stay hydrated – It is essential to drink water in order to maintain healthy, functioning skin! Water flushes away toxins, reduces inflammation and draws more moisture to the cell producing layers of the skin. Without water, the skin barrier becomes compromised and we begin to notice signs of ageing, acne, congestion and inflammation.
9. Have regular facials (we can’t stress this enough) – Who doesn’t love a good facial? But you know what is even better? A facial with one of our expert Practising Corneotherapist’s who understand how to care for your skin! If you have to think about when your last facial was, you know you are well overdue! Facials reduce tension in the face, alleviate stress, remove toxins, support the transfer of oxygen and nutrients by improving blood circulation and provide overall rejuvenation to the skin. Book in now with your nearest Practising Corneotherapist to get your skin ready for 2022!
10. Stick to your skincare routine! – Lastly, and most importantly, the number one tip for beautiful skin is sticking to your skincare routine! This means regularly checking in with your Practising Corneotherapist, so they can update your home care prescription accordingly. This will ensure that your skin is balanced throughout the year to encourage healthy, glowing and functioning skin that you deserve!
If you are looking for a skin consultant who specialises in corneotherapy please use our ‘Clinic Finder’ to get started!