What is a liposome?
A liposome is a microscopic, spherical taxi vesicle or vehicle, that is composed of naturally occuring phospholipids (oil-structured molecules) that mimic our skin’s natural barrier lipids (oils). A liposomal body has the ability to encapsulate various water-soluble actives, in order to deliver water-based ingredients into the deeper layers of the skin. Due to the skin’s barrier being composed of phospholipids, watery actives need a carrier or a “ delivery system” to bypass the lipid barrier. Liposomes are that delivery system.
Without a physiological taxi vehicle so to speak, you can’t get water into the skin, because the simple law of physics says that oil sits on top of the water. The dermaviduals range is inundated with this amazing delivery system to carry watery actives into the skin, which is so important because as consumers, we don’t want to be spending our hard-earned money on a skin care range that does not have the ability to transport certain actives into the skin.
Liposomes not only deliver watery actives into the skin, but they also repair and replenish the skin’s barrier lipids at the same time. Let’s take a look at how a liposome works…
- The microscopic liposome encapsulating watery actives, approaches the skin’s barrier.
- The liposome carrying its contents fuses open the barrier lipids of the skin due to its physiological (skin mimicking) affinity.
- The passage of actives is released into the skin while the liposomal taxi vehicle is left behind.
- Once left behind, the liposome replenishes the barrier lipids to create a healthy and stronger skin barrier defence.
Now that we have an understanding of how a liposome works, let’s take a look at one of our NEW liposomal serums, “Complexion Skin Care Liposomes Plus.”
Complexion Skin Care Liposomes Plus (CCP) is an amazing solution for the treatment of rosacea, pigmentation, acne as well as for age-management (anti-ageing) purposes.
CCP contains two ingredients known as “tranexamic acid” and “Niacinamide Vitamin B3.” Let’s explore the amazing skin benefits of these ingredients:
- Intensive care for the rosacea and atopic skin (eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis).
- Reduces inflammation, making this active extremely anti-ageing.
- Reduces oxidative stress, as too much free radical damage (unstable molecules) causes our skin cells to behave poorly.
- Stabilises peripheral capillaries, ensuing less redness and vascular concerns.
- Supports the wound healing process.
- Inhibits an enzyme called tyrosinase, which is responsible for creating melanin. By doing so, pigmentation concerns are lightened.
Niacinamide Vitamin B3
- Encourages a well-formed stratum corneum (outermost layer of the skin, lipid barrier and defence systems).
- Reduces acne, decrease inflammation, supports wound healing and lightens pigmentation.
- Vitamin B3 is also extremely anti-ageing.
- Helps to build and support the skin’s lipid metabolism.
- Supports cell regeneration as well as stimulates cell turnover for a healthy, youthful and glowing complexion.
- Works to restore damaged skin caused by UVA/UVB, pollution and other damaging environmental factors.
I don’t know about you, but this is definitely a serum that will be going into my skin care routine, as every skin and its unique condition can benefit from it!
So, why not contact your Practicing Corneotherapist today via our Clinic Finder and get your hands on this amazing new serum that is Complexion Skin Care Liposomes Plus?!