As the old year begins to wind down, and a bright, shiny new year comes into focus, the dermaviduals team is making a list and checking it twice. It’s not a gift list for Santa. It’s a list of resolutions. The focus of that list is better skin for the New Year…and the year after that…and the year after that.
The only thing you have to do is stick with the program.
1. Know the Skin You’re In – Talk with your dermaviduals aesthetics professional about any changes you’ve noticed in your skin. It will help you understand how to treat your skin and which products will be the most beneficial to your needs.
2. Develop a Daily Habit – Your skin needs attention each and every day, morning and night. Invest the time and effort in a daily skin care regimen for short term and long lasting results.
3. Dial Down Daily Stress – Stress does terrible things to more than just your skin. It impacts your total body health. Find a stress-buster that works for you – sports, meditation, talking, cooking – and make room for it in your schedule every day.
4. Get Enough Sleep – A good night’s sleep gives your body a chance to renew and rebuild. Don’t rob yourself of this essential down time. Make sure to get a minimum of 8 hours daily.
5. Drink Up – Water flushes toxins from your body and keeps your skin plump and supple. Make it a point to drink 8 glasses of water each day.
6. Don’t Wear Make-Up to Bed – Failing to wash off cosmetics before bedtime is an invitation for dirt and other oils to clog your pores and cause unsightly breakouts. And besides, you don’t want to ruin your new sheets with make-up stains, do you?
7. Keep It Clean – Oil and bacteria accumulate on makeup brushes. If you use disposable brushes, throw them out and replace them every 2 weeks. If you use high-end brushes, wash them weekly with a mild liquid soap.
8. Exfoliate Regularly (but don’t overdo it!) – It takes about 30 days for adult skin to replenish itself. During that time, the skin cells become dry and dull-looking. Gentle exfoliating treatments at your aestheticians and at home will guard against dullness.
A healthy, glowing complexion is worth fighting for. With these easy tips, however, it’s a fight you’re sure to win.