What does an average day as the Managing Director of KOKO dermaviduals look like?
“My average day is characterised by that there is no normal! Different tasks which have to be done regularly include answering emails, looking at incoming post, reading professional journals, discussing internal technical procedures, research, creating new projects & publications and revising dermaviduals websites. In between all of this, conferences with visitors and internal discussions often occur. Most of the numerous publications that I write are written at my home office – sometimes in the evening but mostly on weekends.”
What is your favourite product from the range?
“I love to use small amounts of Oleogel Plus for my hands if they are chapped and dry. The Vitamin Cream Mask is also effective if my skin seems to need recovering measures. I pursue the minimalistic principle in believing that nature itself cares for the best skin condition.”
What are your hobbies?
“My favourites things to do outside of the business are:
- Swimming the crawl on Wednesday and Friday in the morning (80 x 25 metres) before heading into the office. The picture below shows me swimming the Sylt Island at 4 °C water temperature.
- Running on the weekend, mostly on Sunday (12km with 250 metres altitude). The KOKO team does a 10km race once a year together too!
- Hiking on holiday (the second image in the blog was taken on a hike in The Black Forest)
- Skiing, at least one week a year, in Switzerland or South Tirol, mostly in March.
- Historical rails, if there is an opportunity to go with or to visit corresponding museums.
- Gardening by moderation of the flora (see my garden in the last picture).
- Cooking (see my recipe for meatballs at the end of the blog!).
- Free-climbing up to difficult level V in the UIAA scale (the first & fifth pictures are from when I climbed the Dolomites in September this year).
- Reading books written by historians or dealing with future aspects.
- Meteorology – a very old hobby.”
What’s something we’d be surprised to know about you?
“Of course, it makes no sense to disclose the innermost secrets, because it is an ancient wisdom that then the interest in a person would be lost!” Probably not surprising, but I like to be organised and stick with my routine, such as only going to the grocery shop once a week for supplies.”
What is your favourite food?
“Generally, I like food that’s more salty than sugary. The typical daily “dinner” in the office consists of three slices of whole-grain bread with butter, covered by spicy goat cheese with disseminated chilli and tomato paste with chilli – prepared at home in the morning.”
Dr Hans’ recipe for Divine Meatballs
- 1kg minced beef and pork – half and half
- 200g spelt or oat flakes
- 200ml water
- 80g garlic cloves – cut up small
- 350g onions – cut up small
- 25g salt
- 4 eggs
- 100g creme fraiche
- 200g mozzarella – grated
- 50g jalapeño pepper – cut up small
- 30g apple butter with consistency of syrup
- 20g currants
- 170g 1 green or red paprika – cut up small
- 50g tomato paste
- 60g capers
- 5g dried Italian herbs
- 10g ginger – cut up small
- 10g chives – cut up small
Mix all ingredients together, form into balls and fry on a medium heat for about 5 minutes each side.