Are you one of those guys that steals your partner’s cleanser in the shower and moisturiser from the bathroom cabinet? It’s okay to admit it, this is a safe space. First off, we think it is great that you want to look after your skin but it’s time to get your own skincare. At dermaviduals we believe that every skin is unique and your skincare should reflect that, so today on Men’s Grooming Day, we challenge you to book in for a skin analysis and take your grooming routine to a whole new level – a bespoke level!
There are a few general differences between men and women’s skin, as Dr. Hans Lautenschläger explains:
- Tighter connective tissue and muscles: “In comparison to women, the connective tissue and skin-adjacent muscles of the male body are tighter and the collagen content of the skin is higher, while the tendency to form fatty deposits is lower.
- Higher oil and sweat production: “Sebum formation is more intense and consequently there is also a thicker lipid film on the male skin which is also the reason for improved water retaining capacity. The male skin has more sweat glands and that is why men perspire easily and also profusely.”
- More hair: “In combination with the increased sebum formation, their abundant crop of hair creates a higher incidence of acne and pimples, particularly during and after adolescence. Accordingly, a natural tendency towards cornification disorders (conditions characterised by sensitive, dry, itchy and irritated skin). The efficient endogenic greasing naturally smoothes the skin but also involves enlarged pores.”
- Later wrinkle formation: “Due to the favourable water balance in the skin, wrinkles tend to form later than on the female skin, however, are more distinct once formed. This could be why women often address their skin health earlier than men.”
A dermaviduals skin treatment therapist will take these differences and your individual skin needs and concerns into account and will create you a tailor-made regime. When you’re talking to skin treatment therapist during your skin analysis, be truthful about your habits – if you’ll only use 2 products, they’ll be able to make sure your skin is getting everything it needs in those two products. If you want all the bells and whistles they can offer, we’re sure they’ll be happy to oblige!
Two products that are popular with our male users are Total Cleansing Cream and Liposome Concentrate Plus (your skin treatment therapist will be able to advise if they’re suitable for your individual skin) as they can be used in your everyday shaving routine.
- Total Cleansing Cream is a multi-action time-saver: shaving cream, shampoo and face/body wash, all in one. It’s especially good for those with sensitive skin!
- Liposome Concentrate Plus is a highly anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial serum to help soothe skin after shaving. Say goodbye to razor burn and lumps, bumps, and sensitivity!
Our in-clinic treatments are also customised for your individual skin are the best way to boost your results. Just ask these guys…
Are you ready to stop using someone else’s skincare and own your skin journey? Find your closest clinic here and book in for that skin analysis to get started!