Fine lines, wrinkles, loss of skin elasticity and eye muscles fatigue are all common problems of the eye area. Everyone knows that the skin around our eyes is delicate, but did you know that the skin around your eyes is extremely elastic, quite thin and has comparatively little connective tissue? This is why variances in the skin appearance like fat deposits (lachrymal sacks), surface blood vessels and tiny veins are more visible in this area than on other skin parts. This also applies for swellings of the eyelids caused by water retention and the formation of wrinkles on the lower eyelids caused by dehydration in a dry and warm environment.
So how do you protect this delicate area? We have several solutions in our dermaviduals arsenal, one being our Eye Cream.
Our Eye Cream is a best seller for a reason. It packs a real punch, delivering much needed TLC, protection and nourishment to your eye area.
Our Eye Cream:
- Contains Kigelia which has a firming and tightening effect
- Helps to smooth fine lines and wrinkles
- Provides intense hydration with hyaluronic acid
- Strengthens your skin barrier with the help of phytosterols
- Improves skin elasticity and moisture retention
- Encourages collagen production
- Boosts cell energy with co-enzyme Q10
There are also a number of other preventative measures that Dr. Hans Lautenschläger suggests to help keep your eyes and eye area in tip-top condition:
- Regular exercise (and if necessary also specific eye exercises) to increase microcirculation
- Having a diet rich in vitamins, including a balanced intake of essential fatty acids
- Alternating contraction and relaxation of the eyes during work, including regular breaks from screens
- Sufficient sleep (if this is an issue for you, check out The Skin Whisperer’s advice for a great night’s sleep here)
- Adequate lighting in rooms
- Room humidification during winter months
- Draught-free rooms and workplaces
- Protection against extreme cold, heat and sun radiation
- Limit your consumption of alcohol and nicotine
- Regular eye checks
It’s never too early to start looking after your eye area. Chat to your favourite dermaviduals skin treatment therapist when you’re nex in-clinic to see if the Eye Cream is right for you!
Not sure where your closest clinic is? Find out here.