Home-rolling with your MTS-Roller is a great way to simply boost your results and achieve or maintain optimal skin health. Read more about the benefits here. It’s as simple as brushing your teeth and believe us, it quickly becomes an essential part of your skincare regime that you’ll never want to miss!
Before you start home-rolling with your MTS-Roller (or any new skincare regime or treatment), book in an advanced skin analysis with your skin treatment therapist. This will help determine whether home-rolling will benefit your skin in the way you are hoping. Your skin treatment therapist will also ensure that the contra-indications don’t apply to you (as there are some), they will select your MTS-Roller length and ensure that you have the correct skincare prescription to use pre and post rolling.
Follow our steps for home-rolling with your MTS-Roller and watch your skin reap the rewards!
There will be some mild redness, so most people prefer to roll at night and allow this to subside overnight.
1. Pour Isopropyl Alcohol (this can be purchased from the supermarket or pharmacy) over the head of your MTS-Roller and then rinse with hot running water. Gently shake your MTS-Roller dry and leave it in its protective case while you cleanse your skin. Do not seal the case.
2. Double cleanse with a pure cleanser (free from nasties) to remove all traces of makeup & dirt and dry with a clean towel. Remember, you are creating micro-channels in your skin – so this is a very important step! We recommend the dermaviduals Cleansing Gel or Total Cleansing Cream.
3. Mentally divide your face into sections, eg: forehead, nose, cheeks, mouth area and neck.
4. Apply the roller onto your skin with the same amount of gentle pressure on the skin throughout, holding it as you would a pen. Select an area and roll repeatedly, using short strokes, back and forth in short bursts, as opposed to long, steady strokes. Be sure to lift the roller frequently or change direction to avoid the needles re-entering the skin with each stroke in the same place. Move onto the next section once a few short bursts have been completed back & forth – diagonally, up & down and side to side.
5. The eye area requires slower, deliberate strokes to avoid accidental injury to the eye. Pull the skin below the eye down, so as to position it over the bone. A lighter style of rolling is recommended. Do not roll over your eyelids.
6. Do not apply any skincare or makeup to your skin until the next day. An epi nouvelle+ naturelle facial mask can be applied after you roll – it’s perfect to calm the inflammation!
7. After you have finished your home rolling, immediately pour Isopropyl Alcohol over the head of your MTS-Roller and rinse with hot running water. Gently shake your MTS-Roller dry and leave it in its protective case. Do not seal the case until your MTS-Roller is completely dry.
This tutorial will help you care for your MTS-Roller and demonstrates how to conduct a complete intensive sterilisation.
We suggest starting with a light roll once a week and slowly build up the frequency and time of treatments until you are performing home rolling 3 to 4 times a week. Your skin treatment therapist will advise on the frequency and length of time.
Please note that the above is general advice – your skin treatment therapist is your skin’s expert. They know your skin best and may tweak the above to ensure your journey to skin health is perfectly tailored for you.
Find your closest dermaviduals clinic here and start rolling your skin concerns away!