When is a facial treatment more than a relaxing time out? When it’s a dermaviduals facial treatment, that’s when.
Handpicked ingredients that work toward a targeted goal, to make sure you love the skin you’re in.
I want to walk you through our latest almighty facial treatment, the Oxidative Stress Facial.
Oxidative stress is no doubt words you’ve heard before, but what does it actually mean, and why do we want to target it specifically?
Now I know you’re not here for a science lesson, but bear with me?
Oxidative stress begins with molecules called free radicals. They’re created as normal by-products of cell metabolism or by exposure to external sources. Free radicals are unstable molecules that have one or more unpaired electrons. Having an uneven amount causes these free radicals to steal from ‘healthy’ molecules to stabilise themselves.
Once it steals, it creates another missing pair, and the cycle continues. The amount of damage this does depends on how long this process continues for, making and breaking of chemical bonds in the process, weakening cell membranes, proteins, lipids and even DNA.
Free radicals aren’t inherently bad. They, like everything, have a role to play. The issue is when they are imbalanced to the number of antioxidants, which are also naturally occurrent within our body and skin. This is when both internally, and topically, need to assist.
Antioxidants are free-radical fighting compounds that work by donating one of their electrons to unstable free radicals, without becoming unstable themselves.
Science, pretty fascinating, hey?
So how do these free radicals get out of control?
Damage from UV light is a big factor, as well as pollution, alcohol intake, smoking as well as processed foods. Like most things in life, it is about balance, and knowing when to give more to maintain that balance.
That is where topical solutions and facial treatments will be your best friend. And why we launch the Oxidative Stress Facial treatment this November.
Beginning with a non-irritating, skin-caring cleansing ritual, followed by a decadent exfoliation treatment with remineralising and rehydrating properties, we are well on our way to true skin health.
We follow on by our Oxidative Stress Facial infusion before heading into a massage like no other, combining active ingredients with stress reliving movements.
I would be remiss of me to not talk you through the ingredients carefully chosen to reclaim balance within our cells.
- Complexion Skin Care Liposomes Plus
- Niacinamide and tranexamic acid encapsulated in a delivery system, evening complexion and providing intensive care to reddened skin
- Vitamin A Nanoparticles
- A favourite among many, the ultimate in skin regeneration.
- Coenzyme Q10 Nanoparticles
- A force to be reckoned with yet during times of oxidative stress, our natural levels of CoQ10 are lowered, which creates a cascade effect as it is a powerful antioxidant.
- DMS Mask with Vitamins
- A cocktail of antioxidants, this mask treatment is used for the massage, giving your cells a chance to re-energise and revitalise.
- Wheat Germ Oil
- Rich in Vitamin E and boosting microcirculation, this oil is known for giving that true inner ‘glow’ to the skin.
- Alga Based Mask
- Containing a high concentration of chlorophyll and many skin nutrients, like proteins and large concentrations of vitamins and minerals, including the B complex, minerals and vital amino acids, a mask to not be missed.
This is a treatment like no other, designed to be enjoyed in all its antioxidant, free-radical fighting glory. To immerse yourself in skin-strengthening ingredients, click here to find your nearest corneotherapist and dermaviduals clinic.